Residential Energy Audits Program
Do you have any comfort issues in your home? Are there temperature differentials between floors; is your upstairs hot in the summer and cold in the winter?
The Utility Companies have established a residential Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program (“Program”) in their Maryland service territories as one of their EmPOWER Maryland energy conservation programs. The Program is offered in partnership with the national Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, which is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (“DOE”). The Program is designed to improve the energy performance, durability, healthiness and safety of existing small residential buildings in the each Utilities service territory, through the services of trained and certified contractors that use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and the principles of building science. The Program offers financial incentives to participating homeowners for the installation of qualifying energy efficiency measures. Participating Contractors will provide building performance services that comply with Program requirements and standards to owners of electrically heated or centrally cooled homes.
Through this program, a BPI Certified Energy Auditor will come to your home and:
- Perform a Quick Home Energy Check Up, free of Charge. This checkup includes an energy check up that may include replacing up to 12 light bulbs with CFL’s, replacing showerheads and aerators as necessary. Each utility has their own program parameters so click on a link below to learn more about your utilities programs.
- Perform a comprehensive Home Energy Assessment, typically valued at $400, for only $100.
- Recommend improvements and available rebates to make your home more energy-efficient, comfortable, healthy and safe.
In addition to the Home Energy Audit, the Utilities also offer a suite of programs to help you save energy and money.
- Energy Wise Rewards
- Home Performance (Insulation & Air Sealing)
- Quick Home Energy Check Up
- Appliance Rebate Program
- Lighting Program
- HVAC Efficiency Program
- Income Eligible Energy Efficiency Program
- My Account Online Energy Tool